Event rules & guidelines are applicable to all participants.
The following event rules and guidelines are intended to help preserve the Amman Marathon and make it enjoyable for all individuals, to ensure the safety of all participants, and to meet the requirements of local government permits, the Jordan Athletic Federation, and the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF), which regulates performance records and oversees event liabilities.
Conditions of entry.
The Amman Marathon is organized in accordance with the regulations of the Jordan Athletics Federation and the IAAF. Kindly note that the conditions of participation are upheld when participants sign the registration form.
- There will be no registration on race day.
- All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Registration online will be closed on Oct /3/ 2017.
- Registration changes or cancellations will not be accepted after October/5/ 2017.
- Each runner must sign his\her registration form waiver.
- A valid identity card must be enclosed with the registration form.
- Numbers will only be delivered to the athlete who is registered, unless the registered runner wishes to have another individual pick up his\her package. In this case, he/she must provide staff with his\her purchase ticket.
- Participants under 16 years old must have the signature of a parent or legal guardian on the registration form in order to participate.
- Registration will be canceled for unpaid participants on Oct/3/2017.
- Once the registration form has been duly processed, there will be no fee refunds for participants who choose not to participate in the event, regardless of the reason.
- The organizers reserve the right to cancel or postpone the race without any prior notification, in which case the registration fees are non-refundable.
- A list of participants will be posted on our website.
Timing Chip and BIB number
- All participants must attach their BIB numbers on their t-shirt.
- A participant may not exchange or give away his\her race BIB number to any other person. Exchanging or giving away numbers is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification and/or banning from future races.
- Participants must pin their BIB number on front of their t-shirt.
- Only participants wearing the provided timing chip and number will be timed and included in the race results.
Day of the race
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to undertake the challenge to participate in the race.
- All participants are responsible for knowing the starting time and check-in method for their race.
- All participants must be positioned behind the line when starting the race.
- Participants must stay on the official course at all times. It is the responsibility of each participant to know the course and follow the coded signs. Please familiarize yourself with the course map before race day. Any participants who leave the course will be automatically disqualified.
- Runners must stay on the right shoulder of the road and within the permitted areas, so that runners on the left side have a clear lane. Do not cut in front of another runner until you can safely do so. If you decide to slow down or stop gradually, please veer to the edge of the road.
Cancelation and disqualification policy
- Athletes who participate in this competition may be subject to formal drug testing in accordance with the IAAF regulation rule 144. Athletes found positive for a banned substance, or those who refuse to be tested, will be disqualified from this event and will lose eligibility for future competitions.
- The race director reserves the right to disqualify any individual who does not comply with the rules, or is caught cheating.
- Participants found to be wearing more than one timing device during the race will be disqualified and their results will not be recorded.
- Any runner found cheating on the course will be disqualified from this race and future races.
- Using any form of transportation between timing stations will result in the disqualification of runners from this race and all future races.